(Said in the voice of Rocky the Squirrel)
Couldn't resist. 
As I continue my stroll down memory lane, courtesy of my new scanner, we happen upon a sunny June day, 1994. My wedding to a fabulous guy--Steve Towne. I was up early that morning--our ceremony was scheduled for 9:30am. Yes, you read that right. And yes, I was young and stupid. LOL
The photographer arrived as we were primping, and took, oh, about a gazillion pictures. Some of them even had me in them. He took a lot of the flower girl. She was cute, but hello??
Long story short, I was 30 minutes late for the ceremony--Steve practically needed a chair, his knees were getting so weak. Hee hee. I don't know why he was so worried. Of course I was going to show up! I think it's been well established over the last 14 years that I totally got the better end of this deal!
After a lovely ceremony, we headed to the reception, where the photographer took another gazillion pictures. So many in fact, that we were really behind schedule starting the reception, which was supposed to be a brunch, but in fact didn't start until about 12:30pm (my Uncle David complained loudly that the grape in his fruit salad had turned into a raisin during the wait).
We had a great day. In hindsight, I'd change a lot about the wedding, but not the guy. (For the curious, I'd go with a much smaller crowd--we had about 250 guests--and I'd do something a lot more casual!)
Getting ready with my sis

All prettied up

The flower girl, Elizabeth Donnelly. She's grown and married now!

My sister & I, and my cat, Rusty

All of the gals, and my dad, Roger

Me & Elizabeth

Walking down the aisle!

The vows

Lighting the unity candle

Mr. & Mrs. Stephen Towne

I really like this picture

Me & my mom, Diane

Getting to sit down for a minute or so!

The dolls my mom made for us--she is SO talented!

Four generations: My grandmother, Jeannine Blanchette, me, my mom, and my great-grandmother, Beatrice Poole

The happy couple (toasting with non-alchoholic sparkling juice--I was only 19!)

No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)