Friday, October 10, 2008

Baby Eli

Twelve years ago, God gave Steve and me the most wonderful gift--a healthy baby boy. 


--


Here are a couple of horrifying pictures of how huge I was at the end of my pregnancy:




Getting ready to meet Eli




Here's Daddy with his baby boy




--



And here's Eli's first official portrait--Look at that face!




This next picture is Eli in his "going home" outfit.  A friend had given us this adorable outfit, thinking that we'd have a normal sized baby.  Well, Eli came out at a whopping 10 lbs. 1 oz., and I practically had to shoehorn him into these clothes!  Getting the picture was tough--the hat kept popping off of him because it was too small!




Here are a couple of shots of one tired mama & her precious boy (note: these are pictures of a pre-Lasik me!)




--




Here is the birth announcement that we sent out.  I'm including it here because I bought those announcements BEFORE we knew if Eli was a healthy baby (you can read the story of our daughter, Abigail, who passed away in 1995 here).  It was a real "Peter stepping out of the boat" moment of faith for me, since we didn't know if Eli was okay or not.




Here he was at 3 months old---how my current skinny boy came from this little chunk of love, I'll never know!



Happy 12th birthday, Eli!  We love you so much!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Eli!


    Amanda, I can definitely relate to the "step out of the boat moment!" I can also relate to the chunk of love being tall and *skinny* now! LOL!!


    Love the photos!


    Ronette

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)