Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The newest additions to our family

I've been a little concerned lately with the solitary life that Princess, Patience's guinea pig, has been living.  Her cage is up in the girls' room, and we spend most of the day downstairs.  Guinea pigs are social little critters, and I thought that Princess would really benefit from having a friend.


So, yesterday, when I got an email on the homeschool loop that a mom was giving away baby guinea pigs, I called Steve right away!   And I called my friend, Sue (not the Sue I go walking with), who was wanting to get a guinea pig for her daughter!


We went by to check them out yesterday afternoon.  Turns out, the homeschool mom giving away the guineas was at a Pampered Chef party I did 5 years ago, and she recognized me! LOL 


Here are the little piggies that we picked out:


Maddie named hers Pumpkin--she's 2 months old


 


 


Eli picked a 9 month old that he named Cocoa:





We got a cage big enough that if Princess likes them, she can live in it with them.  I'm not sure if that's going to happen, though.  Here they are, checking each other out:




Steve and I put Princess in their cage last night for a few minutes.  They were all sniffing each other, but then Princess started getting kind of aggressive with them.  She was sort of running toward them, and then seemed like she was going to nip their ears?  Not sure if she was trying to hurt them, but we didn't want to take a chance, so back into her own cage she went.  They'll just live right next door to each other, and hopefully become friends.



Cocoa and Pumpkin having some dinner:


They're sweet, little guinea pigs--the kids love them!



1 comment:

  1. Oooohhhh! They are *super* cute! I hope precious makes nice. :-)


    Ronette

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)