Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 23, and let me tell you, I almost didn't make it through Day 22

Today is Day 23 with no Diet Coke.  And that included stopping for lunch (we all got water), and a run to Wal-Mart, where the sweet siren song of the soda aisle almost got me.  Luckily my kids were able to tie me to the mast, and I resisted.  (C'mon, you know you know that reference from The Odessey!)



I don't know how to explain this (but, God help YOU, I'm going to try), but Diet Coke was my treat.  My "sit down at the end of the day and relax" treat.  My "I'm out without the kids & going to treat myself" treat.  And now, all I'm left with is chocolate.  Which I don't need.


Diet Coke was the treat that Steve would surprise me at the end of a long day.  He'd walk in from work, and say, "Here, babe!", and I would feel loved and pampered.  (I know, this insane, but there you have it.)   Now, I have him walking in with a regular Coke, and saying, "I didn't get you a Diet Coke, just like you told me!"   Not helping, honey!


So there you have it.  Three weeks in, and I'm still jonesin' for the Diet Coke.  At least I'm not dreaming about it....yet.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    Really Diet Coke~You need to let it go. You can do it. LOL

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Says someone who is not addicted to it....LOL

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)