Today didn't end up being too bad. Hard, but mostly bearable. Thank you, thank you to all of my friends who offered prayers and kind words. It made a world of difference.
--
The kids and I got some school work done this morning, then cleaned up the house. My friend, Sue, had asked me to babysit, and she dropped her 2 kids off just before 11am. The kids played with the guinea pigs, went down to the park and played foot ball, and then had lunch. Then we were off to bowling.
--
I was doing okay on the ride to bowling, until I talked to Steve. He could hear that I was kind of upset, and then of course, when he acted concerned, that just made me cry. Then, as soon as I hung up with him, Natalie Grant's "Held" came on the radio. If you've never really listened to the words, here they are:
Two months is too little.
They let him go.
They had no sudden healing.
To think that providence would
Take a child from his mother while she prays
Is appalling.
Who told us we’d be rescued?
What has changed and why should we be saved from nightmares?
We’re asking why this happens
To us who have died to live?
It’s unfair.
Chorus:
This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we’d be held.
This hand is bitterness.
We want to taste it, let the hatred numb our sorrow.
The wise hands opens slowly to lillys of the valley and tomorrow.
(Chorus)
This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we’d be held.
Bridge:
If hope is born of suffering.
If this is only the beginning.
Can we not wait for one hour watching for our Savior?
(Chorus)
This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we’d be held
--
Poor Eli. He was sitting in the front seat, and could see that I was crying. He held my hand. I love that boy. I pulled myself together before we got to the bowling alley. I love that song, and recognize that God truly has held us--still a hard song to listen to, especially today.
--
I started reading Christopher Paolini's new novel, Brisingr. Thank goodness for the synopsis of Books 1 & 2 at the beginning of Book 3. I'd be lost otherwise! I finished a few pages at the bowling alley.
--
The kids had a great time bowling. Eli bowled an 82! We were done by 2:30. Sue had given me some coupons for free french fries at McDonald's--the kids were thrilled. She picked her kids up around 3:30.
--
The little girl down the street just had a birthday, and got a motorized scooter, so she came over to show the girls. They all went out and played for a while. Steve came home from work, and headed back out to get dinner. He had school tonight as well, and just got home a few minutes ago.
--
The kids and I may go to the cemetery tomorrow. We don't have anything else planned. I do have to close a couple of Pampered Chef shows, but not until later in the day.
--
Steve and I are watching the new Indiana Jones movie--well, he's watching and I'm typing. :) I'm glad today's over.
ReplyDeleteEven down to the 'two months'.
I prayed for you all day today. I'm so glad you had good times as you step into the teen years.
Take care, my friend.
Thank you, my friend. The prayers were felt, absolutely.
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
Don't you feel like you can breathe again on October 30th? I loved reading of Eli's tenderness. I often wonder how Hudson is going to feel when he gets older and realizes that our grieving for his sister was still so new when he was born.
ReplyDeleteHugs...
(To you, too, Lisa. I know you won't "breathe" again until January and my heart will be praying for you over the next couple of months.)
Actually, it usually lasts until 11/2, since that was the day we buried Abigail. I have to teach Sunday School on Sunday, and I'm working in the afternoon, AND the kids have Awana, so we'll see how the day goes.
ReplyDeleteI was hugging Eli good night tonight, and I just kept thinking about how blessed we were/are to have him. He's a great kid.
All of the kids are--they kept checking up on me today, giving lots of hugs and kisses, and wanting me to not be sad. I do love them. :)