Well, this picture pretty much sums up our school week. It's been a long week.
--
On Monday, we went to the first meeting of the chess club. It was nice and laid back. The mom did a great job explaining the rules. We're holding the group at the home of one of the girls who goes to chess, so the kids knew someone. Mary is the same age as Eli, so they played chess together. Patience played a game against me, and Maddie worked on an embroidery thread bracelet. She didn't want to play.
--
Tuesday was (finally!) a stay in your jammies day. It poured rain all morning, which made me glad we had decided not to go walking.
--
Wednesday, was, of course, Abigail's birthday, which I've already blogged about.
--
Yesterday was another (2 in one week--oh my gosh!) stay in your jammies day. My apologies to my friend, Kristen, who had to stop by, and caught me still in fleece pants. :) I did have to go out last night, to meet a host & close her show. Steve finished watching the new Indiana Jones movie, and I stayed up too late watching tv.
--
Today. Well, I made myself get on my exercise bike. I've just found out what the new trip incentive is for The Pampered Chef (earn the trip in 2009, take the trip June of 2010), and long story short, if we want to earn it (And we do!!!), I'm going to have to go to the Leadership Conference in Denver in January. Which means I have to lose the 10 lbs. I've regained since July. Ugh.
The kids got started on school work, and I had to run out to meet yet another host to close HER show. (Last day of the month is usually busy.) Good news is that I'm having the best month I've had since July. Thank God--a real paycheck before Thanksgiving!
The kids, of course, don't get much done when I'm not standing over them, so I whipped them soundly once I got home. Just kidding. We had lunch, I read them another chapter of the first Harry Potter book (they are loving it).
Now we're off to the bank, stopping to pick up some Pampered Chef orders that I put on someone's show, and then down to my parents' house to have dinner (homemade beef stew in the crock pot! yum!) and hang out. I'll also be scanning a ton of pictures that my mom has. :) Be afraid, friends & family, be afraid. What could be better than a Halloween fright--"Oh my gosh, I used to look like what??" LOL
Wow, your post made me tired! Now *I* need a jammie day...
ReplyDelete;-)
Jen
http://jenanddavin.blogspot.com/