Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

Man, I don't know if my camera needs new batteries (or if I need glasses!), but it seems like every picture I took yesterday is blurry.  Here are a few of the decent ones.

We started the morning by reading the Christmas story out of Luke, and finishing up our Advent story, Bartholomew's Passage.



Then it was time to open gifts!  


One of my favorite gifts? The micro mink/sherpa blanket that I bought for myself. :)

Steve, opening the gift that not only did I forget to wrap, I left in plain view on the table on Christmas Eve.  Surprise! (It's a Loggerhead multi-tool from Sears.)


One of the things that Maddie asked for:

Lots and lots of Play-Doh!

It was a Squinkie Christmas again for Miss Patience--she was thrilled!

We even had gifts to open from friends--these cute little sock monkey dolls!


Eli's passion is still Legos.  He was a pretty happy camper (regardless of the dour look on his face--poor kid, we found out today that he has an ear infection).



He also got the Cannibal Escape Lego Set (also PoC) and a 5-pack set of PoC mini-figs.  And this cool shirt from Matante Christine (my sister):

Steve surprised me with a beautiful set of gold hoop earrings.


He also got me a new cell phone, but he was gracious enough to take it back and we're going to get one I'll like better tomorrow. (For the record, we're switching from AT&T to Virgin Mobile, and he bought me a Blackberry---I wanted a bigger screen, so tomorrow we're going to get a Samsung Intercept. Yay!)

Steve loved the Big Bang Theory seasons that the kids and I got him.

The girlies, so excited about the Bop-It Bounce from their aunt:

That is one loud game, for sure. :)  But they have so much fun with it!
It was a nice relaxing day at home--great dinner, lounging on the couch watching 'A Christmas Story' and 'White Christmas', more dessert than is good for anyone... :)

Merry Christmas!!





4 comments:

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)