Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Cookies--Sparkling Peppermint Cookies


Six types of cookies down, seven to go.  Tonight we made Sparkling Peppermint Cookies.  The recipe describes them as "crisp yet chewy" and that's right on the money.  Having learned my lesson with the Lemon Drop Cookies--these went much more smoothly!

Peppermint is one of my favorite flavors and scents.  And these cookies taste and smell delicious!

A bowl of mini candy canes

I used my Pampered Chef Food Chopper to crush the candies--worked like a charm. 

Here are the reserved crushed candies mixed with sugar, to roll the cookies in before baking. 

This dough was soft and easy to work with--no where near as sticky as the Yummy Cappuccino Bites. 

See? I learned my lesson!  Parchment paper AND a longer cooling time! 




Ummmm, maybe we squeezed a few too many cookies on the tray? 

Aahhh, much better. 

These are so yummy--I think they'll be back on the list next year!




3 comments:

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)