Sick, sick, sick.
Maddie started it about a month ago. She had a cold--we missed church two weeks in a row.
Then Patience caught it--we missed church again.
I caught the cold--but not really bad.
Eli got sick next--I thought it was just a cold, but he ended up at the dr. the day after Christmas. Ear infection. He's been on antibiotics for four days, and he's still spiking a temperature. So back to the doctor he'll go today.
Steve's had a cold for at least a week and a half. He's on antibiotics as well--having asthma, we never want to mess around with a cough.
Then, Monday night (the same day Eli went to the doctor), I went to bed feeling achy. I've been on the couch ever since. Well, not literally. We had some errands to do on Tuesday--I spent the entire day feeling sicker and sicker, and ended up at the doctor's office that afternoon. They didn't have any flu swabs, so she couldn't test me for that, but I've spent the past 3 days with a fever, chills, body aches (you know, the kind where your skin hurts, you're so achy?), sweats (when the fever occasionally breaks) and lovely post-nasal drip.
Yesterday afternoon, my fever broke, after sleeping most of the day, and I thought that I was in the clear. Went to bed feeling better than I had in a few days. Not so fast--woke up at 2:30am with a fever again. Took ibuprofen, spent the next 2 hours tossing in bed, then sweating up a storm as the fever broke. No idea what today holds.
*whine* I have stuff to do! Christmas decorations to take down, Kohl's cash to spend, grocery shopping to do, co-op homework to plan.....I don't have time for this.
One of the worst things? :) When I'm sick, I'm an eater. I eat my way through almost any illness. I've been starving for 3 days--and gained about 3 lbs. On TOP of what I gained over the holidays. I have my work cut out for me once I'm feeling better.
If you read this, please say a prayer for us sickies at the Towne House! xoxoxoox (virtual hugs and kisses, because Lord knows you do not want to catch this!!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)