Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Cookies--Peanut Butter Blossoms


Once upon a time, I had a friend named Jen.  She gave me this recipe for peanut butter blossoms, probably 16 years ago.  They're so easy, I refuse to make them completely from scratch.  There's just no point when these come out so good!

1 yellow cake mix
1 cup of peanut butter
1 egg
1/3 cup of water
granulated sugar
unwrapped Hershey Kisses


Mix it all together.


I used my Small Scoop to make balls--1-2" in diameter, I guess. Roll those in the sugar.


Apparently, I didn't take any pictures of the dough.


I was too busy taking a picture of these cute kids who were working together, unwrapping candy.


Mmmmmm......

As soon as they cookies come out (bake at 350* for 9-11 minutes), put a kiss on each one.


And there you go.  Each batch usually makes 5 dozen (I didn't get that many today--not sure why.).
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. These cookies TOTALLY ROCK! Thank you again, Towne family, for sharing your cookies and this recipe with us. :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)