Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas week craziness

After an entire semester of attending co-op classes, Spanish classes and piano lessons without getting sick, we have finally all succumbed.  Sick ward: party of 5.  Maddie started it a few weeks ago with a cold, then Patience took up the baton about a week ago, and now we're all down for the count.  Coughs, stuffy noses, runny noses, sinus pain.....uuuuhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

I had actually wanted the kids to do some school work this week--that hasn't panned out too well.  So I'll end up being the mean mom who makes her kids do some work next week.

It's only 3 days until Christmas!  I have things to do, dang it!  We finally delivered all of the cookie trays--that low hum is the sound of happy munching coming from the New England area.  And I think (knock on wood, throw salt over shoulder, cross fingers and toes) that I'm DONE with any kind of Pampered Chef work until next week.

But I haven't gone grocery shopping, and there is some Christmas shopping that I have to finish.  And gifts to find---where did I put those items???? I hate that! Steve and I stayed up way too late last night wrapping most of the gifts.  Oh, and I need more tape.  So I'll be running around today, trying to get most of that done.

We got some sad news yesterday--my mother-in-law is in the hospital. She's been in and out with a variety of ailments over the last couple of years.  I guess she fell the other night while she was home alone (my b-i-l is a truck driver, and my niece got her own apartment earlier this year), and hit her head, and then her phone wasn't working, so she had trouble calling 911. :(  Edith is in the ICU while they run tests to see why she fell, and Steve is going up there today (they live about an hour away) to see her and get her a new phone.   Hopefully she'll sound stronger than she did yesterday--poor thing seemed worn out.

So....a crazy few days before what will hopefully be a relaxing holiday.  If you think of us, could you offer up a prayer that we'll all feel better?  And that my m-i-l's doctors will have wisdom in diagnosing and treating her?  I appreciate it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)