Do you remember when I was so excited that this magazine was available in stores?
Well, it turns out that I was right to be excited, because if this next cookie was the ONLY recipe I made, it would have been a worth-while purchase. Yes, The Cinnamon Chipper Snickerdoodles are THAT good.
Of course, you should pay attention when you're baking. And NOT put cinnamon into the flour cannister, instead of the mixing bowl. Sigh. It was early. And I was talking.
Here we go--much better. I don't always combine the dry ingredients ahead of time. But I thought we would today. No rhyme or reason to that decision.
I love recipes with unique ingredients. I've never put crushed graham crackers into a cookie, but it added a nice touch!!!
Crushing them up with my handy Manual Food Processor.
While Maddie was creaming butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla, I got the chips ready--white & cinnamon.
Mix that with the graham cracker crumbs.
I got the cinnamon sugar ready--the dough is rolled in it before baking.
Cookie sheets waiting to go into the oven.
Oh, man--honestly, people. These cookies are AWESOME. Like, crazy good. Like, I don't know if we'll be able to resist them and actually wait and put them in the cookie trays. Like, I might have to make more just for us.
Preheat oven to 350*.
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
Combine all of those and sit tight.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
Cream the butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture, one cup at a time. My Kitchen Aid handled it no problem.
1 cup white baking chips
1 cup cinnamon baking chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped graham crackers
Mix in chips and graham crackers.
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 t. cinnamon
Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
cinnamon in the flour canister...LOL..too funny!!
ReplyDeleteWhere did you end up finding the cinnamon chips? I can't remember.
Stop & Shop in Smithfield!
ReplyDeleteHi Amanda! Thanks for this recipe-I pinned it :). And now I'm following your blog, too. Holly
ReplyDeleteAmanda, thanks for posting this recipe! I bought the magazine in November and made 3 batches of this cookie because it was a hands down favorite with everyone I share cookies with! But I loaned the magazine out and it hasn't been returned yet... and I had a special request to make this for a birthday this weekend. for anyone reading this.... make this cookie - it really is that good and everyone will be asking for more!
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome!!
ReplyDelete