Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ladies, preheat your ovens!

The Christmas cookie baking season is here!  I decided to blog about the cookies that we're making for the cookie exchange that I'm hosting, as well as the cookies that we make to put cookie trays together for our friends.

Cookie #1 is....(drum roll, please!)

Caramel Corn Cookies!

I wanted to find something a bit different for the cookie exchange, and I think these will do the trick.  Follow the link for the recipe--I love the addition of cornmeal to the dough.  Honey, butter & Crisco give this dough a greasy look, but I promise, they don't seem greasy once they're baked.  We used butterscotch chips instead of caramel bits and left out the peanuts--these are DELISH!


My Kitchen Aid mixer makes short work of this dough.  I love using my Pampered Chef Small Stainless Scoop--all of the cookies come out the same size!

Rolling the cookie dough in granulated sugar.

The parchment paper lined cookie sheets make for easy clean-up!

Whoops!  I smooshed this one with my oven mitt--a good excuse to sample the recipe!

Ahhhhhhh!  These smell fabulous & taste great!  We ended up quadrupling the recipe, and made almost 16 dozen--12 dozen for the cookie exchange and 4 dozen to have in reserve (if they actually make it into the freezer!)








No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)