Undaunted by my struggles with the Linzer Pinwheels, Maddie and I pressed on today with Chocolate Pinwheels. I learned my lesson last time--for this go-round, I rolled the dough out right away, and only refrigerated it for the recommended 30 minutes.
This is my pastry mat--I love rolling dough out on it--nothing sticks, and the measurements are right on it.
A double batch of dough, cut into quarters.
Rolling the dough with my Baker's Roller.
Thin layers of cookie dough, ready to go into the fridge.
Now for the good stuff--the chocolate filling. Just semi-sweet chocolate, butter, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
I didn't get a picture as I was rolling the dough---it wasn't difficult, but the dough was a teeny bit crumbly. It turned out just fine, and I have to say, this filling was much easier to work with (rolling it up, not spreading it) than the jam in the Linzer Pinwheels.
Four rolls of dough, just chillin' out.
Two hours later, it was time to bake. The chocolate does harden up a bit, so a sharp knife is a must.
Feeling hypnotized yet? :)
While we were working on the pinwheels, Maddie decided we should make some chocolate covered Oreos.
We have simple plastic molds--you simply melt the candy disks, pour a little in the mold, press the cookie in, cover it with a bit more candy, then refrigerate. Very easy.
The cookie count is up to 127 dozen. I can't wait to deliver all of these cookies!
I can not believe you have made that many cookies!!! I haven't done any yet. Truthfully, the gluten free thing has me a little tentative. I'm not a huge baker to start with and this just doesn't help. One day! :-)
ReplyDeleteYour cookies look wonderful!