Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our Advent Devotional

While we've always read Christmas stories, and done activities to learn about the Christmas season, last year was the first that we did an Advent devotional.  We read Jotham's Journey, and we all enjoyed it so much!

This year, we're reading the next book, Bartholomew's Passage.  There are several recurring characters from last year's story, and the kids love it.  


The kids also love lighting the candles and blowing them out.  Fire makes everything more fun, right? :)  On Christmas Eve, we'll light a white candle in the middle of the (fake) evergreen Advent wreath.




This is turning into such a nice tradition--we'll definitely do the next book in the series, Tabitha's Travels, next year! 

2 comments:

  1. We're reading this one too this year! We loved Jotham's Journey though it was a little scary in parts for my boys. Fabulous stories and we've got Tabitha's Travels ready for next year. We've also got his book for Easter, but I think I may save that until we've read Tabitha's travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Sarah! Yeah, I was surprised at how intense Jotham was. But my kids are older, so they were fine. :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, show me some love! I'm always so curious about who reads this blog--let me know! :)